Fitness and Health Articles
Diet and Nutrition Articles and Resources
- NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful - safe to drink? By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Body Mass Index - BMI is a simple calculation that
measures your weight relative to your height. By Amy Parker, RD
- Breakfast of Champions - Mom was right; breakfast
is the most important meal of the day. By Amy Parker, RD
- Diets - Reshape your diet. By
Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Eating for stress
- wise food choices are the last thing on our mind when we perceive stress. By Dr. L. Lee
- Eating Out - Fast foods and restaurants can be an obstacle
to maintaining a healthy weight. Dining out poses many challenges to a healthy lifestyle. By
Amy Parker, RD
- Emotional Eating - If you find yourself at the fridge
when you are mad, glad, stressed or sad, you are not eating for energy. By Amy Parker,
- Fat phobia -
Good fat / bad fat. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Goal Setting - With a New Year comes New Year’s Resolutions.
By Amy Parker, RD
- Got Munchies? - Don’t feel guilty about snacking between
meals; it is actually a proven strategy for successful weight loss. By Amy Parker, RD
- Halloween food hazards -
Gone are the days when the “Treat” part of “Trick or Treat” was an apple, home-made baking
or bag of popcorn. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Healthy Eating - What’s on Your Plate? - In our society
a portion sizes have increased to the point where our dinner plates look more like platters.
By Amy Parker, RD
- Holiday food ambush
- Holiday eating with dignity & health. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Holiday snacks - Almonds are a great snack for this
time of the year. They are naturally high in magnesium. This keeps blood sugar regulated
giving you the sustained energy you need for those crazy shopping trips and festive
- How to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain -
Christmas season includes indulging in extra helpings, snacking on seasonal treats, and little
or no workout time, all contribute to weight gain. By Lynn Bode.
- Hydration / dehydration
- Water for health and performance. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Peanut butter or pasta
- Is fat the fuel of the future for runners? By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Protein primer - to
help the consumer sort out fact from fiction. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Protein supplement
lingo - Have you ever wondered about the jargon used in protein supplement advertising?
By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Snack right -
What to eat between meals. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Soy of Cooking - Soy foods have grown in popularity
as consumers learn more about associated health benefits. ARA Content.
- St. John's Wort
- Nature's Prozac. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Story on Fat - Low fat, high fat, good fats, bad fats
… we are overloaded everyday with information about fat. Fat is an essential element to our
diet, we require certain amounts to keep us healthy. By Amy Parker, RD.
- Supplementation 101 -
Responsible supplementation is no longer an option if your objective is optimal health. By
Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- What to eat? - Confused
by recent headlines? By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
Exercise and Fitness Articles and Resources
- Bathing suits
- Bathing suits and shorts season is only 90 days away. Will you look good in either? By Dr.
L. Lee Coyne
- Cardio Boxing for Super Fitness - Cardio-boxing
is one of the best forms of exercise, because it conditions the total body and provides a complete
workout for your cardiovascular and endurance systems. By Gary Matthews.
- Exercise: The Missing Piece - There are two parts to the equation
when it comes to weight loss; diet and exercise. By Amy Parker, RD
- Exercising Safely In Heat - Physical
activities and playing sports in hot weather. By Lynn Bode.
- Excuses, Excuses - It can be challenging to find the time to get
to the gym to workout. By Dr. Robert OsgoodBy.
- Fitness Ball - There are literally hundreds
of different exercises that can be used with the stability ball. By Lynn Bode.
- Fitness Videos & DVDs - Fitness videos are made
by professionals and fitness trainers who have dedicated most of their lives to help people
improve their health, lose weight and stay toned.
- Four-legged Attitude - Exercise made him happy and
this really was a highlight of the day. By Amy Parker, RD
- Healthy Living - a well balanced diet and
good exercise program are the building blocks of good health.
- Heart Rate Monitor - If you want to get more exact
with your precision cardio, you can use a heart rate monitor in addition to evaluating your
rate of perceived exertion. By Wini Linguvic
- Indoor Living - Improving indoor air quality.
Give your home a comfort makeover this winter.
- Never Too Old - At age 47, Martina Navratilova
returned to Wimbledon and represented the United States at the 2004 Athens Olympics.
- Personal Trainer - Are you
unfit? Overweight? So are millions of others! Have you ever considered hiring a personal
- Twelve weeks to fitness - exercising consistently
and at a consistent level will give you far better results, and that cardio-vascular workouts
are just as important as weight training to achieve the body you want. By Kate and Phil Wiley.
- Walk for Your Life - There is a common misconception
that walking is not exercise. By Edel Jarboe .
- Easier Weight Loss Without Dieting - Obesity has
reached epidemic proportions in the 21st century. The vast majority of overweight people
want to lose their excess weight and become healthier.
- Positive Weight Loss Approach - We all know that
losing weight can be quite a challenge. In fact, for some, it can be downright tough. World
Wide Information Outlet
- So, Why Am I Not Losing Weight?
- If you're troubled by your diet and exercise regime and you tend to gain back all you shed
pounds every time you digress from your plan, you're not alone. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Want to Lose Weight?
- Do you really believe statements like: “Burn Fat while you sleep”, “No exercise weight
loss” ? By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
Disease and Conditions
- Childhood Obesity -
The rising incidence of childhood obesity. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Childhood Obesity 2 -
Childhood obesity statistics. Overweight and obesity have become common health conditions
and their prevalence is increasing globally. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
- Diabetes Prevention - It is possible to prevent and
heal pre-diabetes and diabetes type 2 naturally with balanced nutrition, and basic exercise.
By Gary Matthews.
- Insulin war
- Diabetes Association statistics tell us that we find a new Diabetic every 8 minutes in
Canada. By Dr. L. Lee Coyne
Exercise & Fitness DVDs and Videos
- Indoor Cycling - Studio cycling, Cycle Reebook classes,
Consult your physician before starting any diet, dance, fitness, exercise or sports program.
No Medical Advice