Dancing Terms and Dance Definitions
- A position with one leg extended at an oblique angle while the body is also at an oblique angle.
- A position of the body at an oblique angle and partly hidden.
- The ability to jump high into the air and give the appearance of remaining suspended at the apex of the jump.
- en travesti
- A female dancer dressed as a man, or a male dressed as a woman.
- English Tango
- The style is the same as the other English competition dances, and the steps are similar Fox Trot steps with a few Latin flourishes.
- a twist
- A ballet movement in which the dancer repeatedly crosses his or her legs in the air.
- The position of the torso from the waist up.
- An Argentine dance called Escondido (literally hidden for in it the female partner hides from the male) belongs to the Gato type rhythmically and choreographically.
- Literally "star." The highest rank a dancer may hold in the Paris Opera.
Recommend this Dance Terminology E page to a friend on Google, Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Yahoo, email +293 more social networks.
Page content: Dance terminologies E, terms in dance E