Attractions, Tourism and Travel
- Alberta's Lakeland - is a spectacular mosaic
of boreal mixed forests, sparkling lakes and sand beaches, marshy wetlands and prairie landscape.
Alberta's Lakeland begins 1 hour north east of Edmonton. Over 250 lakes with boating, fishing,
water sports & world renowned bird watching.
- Alberta Prairie Railway Excursions - exciting
one day adventure on board a real steam powered train. Different themes, including murder mysteries,
family, dinner theatre, seniors and teddy bear specials.
- Alberta Provincial Parks - There
are more than 500 sites covering 27,525 square kilometers in Alberta's parks and protected areas
network. These preserve important ecological areas and provide places where people can enjoy
and learn about Alberta's priceless natural heritage. Alberta contains a diversity of natural
landscapes that few other places can match.
- Ann and Sandy Cross Conservation Area -
The Ann and Sandy Cross Conservation Area is a 4800 acre day use natural area located just south
west of the city of Calgary in Alberta, Canada. The Conservation Area is dedicated to protecting
habitat and providing space for native species of wildlife; offering conservation education
- Banff National Park - In the fall of 1883,
three Canadian Pacific Railway construction workers stumbled across a cave containing hot springs
on the eastern slopes of Alberta's Rocky Mountains. From that humble beginning was born Banff
National Park, Canada's first national park and the world's third. Spanning 6,641 square kilometres
(2,564 square miles) of valleys, mountains, glaciers, forests, meadows and rivers, Banff National
Park is one of the world's premier destination spots.
- Bow Habitat
Station - Located on the bank of the Bow River in the heart of Calgary. Alberta's first
"eco-park". Sam Livingston Fish Hatchery and Pearce Estate Park Interpretive Wetland.
- Calaway Park - Calgary, Alberta. Calaway Park
offers a vast array of incredible rides, live stage shows, and special events. There are many
attractions for fun seekers, families, and small children. Western Canada's Largest Outdoor
Family Amusement Park.
- Calgary's Aero Space Museum - information about the
dynamic aviation history of Canada.
- Calgary Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Chinese Cultural Centre - explore a unique and
fascinating culture. Chinese library, a cultural museum, a Chinese school, a multi-purpose hall/gymnasium.
- Calgary Exhibition and Stampede - The Greatest
Outdoor Show on Earth!
Calgary Parks &
Recreation - Parks, arenas, golf courses, pools, leisure centres.
- Calgary Science Centre - Interactive science
displays and exhibits.
- Calgary Tower - City of Calgary's most famous
and identifiable physical landmark.
- Calgary Zoo, Botanical Garden and Prehistoric Park.
- Canada Olympic Park - site of the XV Olympic
- David Thompson
- The Explorerís Trail. One of the most spectacular gateways to the Rockies is the lesser-known
David Thompson Highway (Hwy11 on maps).
- Discover Alberta - Alberta's grandeur and
beauty are obvious from the moment of arrival. Rolling foothills, intimidating mountains and
prehistoric hoodoos are a few of Alberta's more distinct natural landmarks.
- Discover Banff - Information on Banff.
- Discover Calgary - Information on Calgary.
- Drumheller - Dinosaur Capital of Canada. In
the Heart of the Canadian Badlands in Southern Alberta, the Drumheller Valley offers visitors
a unique combination of spectacular scenery and interesting things to do. Rolling fields suddenly
give way to steep, dry coulees ridged with the strata of hundreds of years of erosion by time,
wind and water.
- Fort Calgary Historic Park - Start your visit
to Calgary at the city's birthplace.
- Glenbow Museum - Western Canada's foremost centre
of history and art.
- Guzoo - Canada's largest private zoo.
Licensed Zoo and Animal Sanctuary, 403 443 7463. Open to the public all year around
everyday! From 9am until dark. 6 km north of the Town of Three Hills (map
Buffalo Jump .
- Heritage Park - Historical Village.
- Kalyna Country Ecomuseum - a 15,000 square kilometer
heritage district, just minutes from Edmonton.
- Museum of the Regiments - Western Canada's
largest military museum.
- Nanton Air Museum
- Naval Museum of Alberta - Fantastic collection
of naval artifacts.
- Nickle Arts Museum - to contribute to
the education and overall benefit of both students and community at large
- Royal Tyrrell Museum - 35 complete dinosaur
- Spruce Meadows Equestrian Centre - world-class
show jumping centre.
- Red Deer - Visitor and Convention Bureau
- West Edmonton Mall - shopping centre, tourist attraction.
- Whyte Museum - Museum of the Canadian Rockies
Recommend this Alberta Attractions and Tourism
page to a friend - choose email in orange share box.